Sunday, April 08, 2007

A great weekend for camping!

Well, Friday was a great day for it.

We went to Kerrville, Texas. That's about one hour northwest of San Antonio on I-10.

Friday was clear with temps in the 60s to low 70s. Really nice golf weather! But that night the front blew through, and Saturday's temperature never rose out of the 30s. Oh, and it rained all day as well. No more golf for us! (I know, we're wimps. What can I say?)

By late Saturday afternoon we had several spells of sleet. The forecast was for snow that night with up to 3 inches of accumulation!

That prognostication turned out to be hype. But here's what we woke up to on Easter Sunday morning:


That's the windshield of the pickup truck parked near our camper.

Once we broke camp, stowed everything in our van, hitched up the trailer and hit the road, this is what we saw looking out the front windshield:


Like I said; we're wimps. We couldn't wait for the van's heater to start blowing hot air out the vents so we could get some feeling back in our hands.

10 comments:

Peter said...

Hi John, are you sure someone hasn't switched you over to a Celsius scale when you weren't watching.

kenju said...

Hurry back home and get warmed up!

Karyn Lyndon said...

Do you want to change your mind about erratic weather patterns and global warming yet?

Anonymous said...

I am not a wimp and I would also have headed home with the car heater blasting warm heat from the vents. There is nothing nicer in that type of weather than to be snug under the duvet in your OWN bed.

Candace said...

Ain't Texas fun? Never a dull moment, or season. Well, ok, maybe summer.

Anonymous said...

We had mild weather and sunshine in Germany. Go figure.

Nankin said...

I don't blame you for going home. I hate being cold. I rmember one of the reasons why I hated Illinois so much.

Anonymous said...

Oh, boo hoo. It's been snowing here for hours, and now it's doing this weird combination of rain intermingled with gigantic white blops of frozen stuff.

I refuse to leave my house again until it is over 65 degrees.

Emmy Ellis said...

Been nice weather here. Sod seeing snow again any time soon.

:o)

robotjam said...

so how cold was it Duke ?

Also where do I buy one of them prognostications, I think one would look good as an ornament on my window sill.