Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I promise

Pictures and stories are coming. Soon, I hope.

I'm still digging out. Today at work was chaos -- everyone seemed to have saved up all their HR-related problems and issues until I returned. Invariably they would begin with, "Hey, I know you just got back and have a ton of stuff to do, but this won't take long..."

And usually it didn't. Things like problems with their uniform and laundry service. Problems with health care claims. A screw-up with somebody's prescription drug mail order. Several dozen signatures needed. Approval of routine purchases and work requests, because it wasn't urgent before but now after waiting a couple of weeks it was.

You get the picture.

"How was the trip?" Halfway through my two sentence answer they'd interrupt with the sentence above (second paragraph).

Sigh.

Luckily my boss is on a sales trip to mainland China (seriously) this week and won't be back until Monday. I'm sure he'll have several projects that could wait till I got back, but now have to be done by the end of the month (read: the end of next week).

Then, when I got home from work this afternoon, it took me over an hour to go through all the mail that had accumulated while we were gone. Bills needed to be paid (one by tomorrow!), some papers I filed, and then most of the rest went into the OTHER file.

But gimme a few days and I'll have stuff to tell you.

I promise.

3 comments:

Karyn Lyndon said...

Well, it's nice to be needed...

Welcome back!

Badabing said...

Glad you made it back home safe and sound.

Candace said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing all about it.