Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A Sea Story

Every current and former Navy sailor knows what a sea story is.

The question goes: “What’s the difference between a fairy tale and a sea story?”

The answer is: “A fairy tale begins with, ‘Once Upon a Time,’ and a sea story begins with, “Now This Is No Shit!’”

Chenoah asked me if I had any good Navy jet pilot stories. Here’s one I had thought about including in a non-fiction book at some point. Might still do it. I might be able to get IT published, and THEN move into the fiction market.

My proposed title for the book is:

You Can Always Tell A Fighter Pilot
(But You Can’t Tell Him Much!)

Memoirs of a Navy Jet Flight Instructor


The chapter I’ll share is too long to put in a blog post, so I’ll put it on the internet and provide all you dedicated readers with a link to it.

Click HERE to read the chapter, and then let me know if you think a collection of that and other similar stories would sell.

If you think it would, tell my agent, too!

1 comment:

Candace said...

I enjoyed reading about poor hapless Ensign Benson. What market are you thinking of for a collection like this? I know zip about the military-type nonfiction books out there. Aren't there aviation mags that might be interested in something like this? Just a thought. Thanks for the story!