Sunday, September 04, 2005


This will be a short post. Kind of an update on our trip. We took some pictures today, but you’ll just have to wait for them.

I know, I know. Patience is NOT one of my readers’ strong points. But BOTH of you will just have to put up with the anxiety of not having any visual reference for a while. I have neither the time nor the resources to post pictures while on the road.

You’re lucky to even have this text to read. Well, OK, that’s a matter of opinion. Maybe you’re NOT so lucky. Regardless, even though some of the pictures WERE taken with Joy’s digital camera, I just don’t have time tonight to upload them.

Oh, stop grousing! You’ll see them soon. (I hope). (Maybe later during the trip. Or after I get home. Whatever.)

Today we went to the beach. We drove from Zephyrhills (yes, that’s all one word – look it up if you don’t believe me) to Madeira Beach (notice the diphthong in “Madeira?”) and found a section of public beach. I even have a few pictures of that, but again you’ll have to wait.

We only spent a couple of hours there, but we all enjoyed it. Especially Trevor, as you’ll see if I ever get the pictures… No, that’s enough about pictures. I know you! You’ll both complain from now until I post them.

You know, they say a picture is worth 1,000 words (or is it 10,000?). Regardless, this is a verbally oriented blog, not a visual one. I’m a writer, not a photographer. I’ll post the shots when I get a chance. Meanwhile, stand by for a few thousand word in lieu of visuals.

During the whole day the area had no rain, a hot sun and a steady breeze. By the time we came back from the beach our campsite was almost dry. We could actually walk from the camper to the paved roadway without getting our socks wet.

Then we showered and changed for dinner, leaving the campground at about 6:30 to drive into Zephyrhills, pick up Joy, Johnny and Trevor, and go to a restaurant. We drove under a rain shower. By the time we got to town (10 minutes) there were large puddles everywhere. Well, that shower must have been proceeding straight to the campground, because by the time we got back for the night, the campsite looked just as wet as it had been when we checked in the day before.

Tomorrow is our last day to visit Joy, Johnny and grandson Trevor, so we’ll try to make the most of it.

Maybe it’ll rain all day. If it does I’ll sit in Joy’s house using her computer and the internet to post some pictures.

But don’t count on it.


Karyn Lyndon said...

With all the time spent explaining why there weren't any pics you could have downloaded them...not that I'm complaining. Just an observation.

Sorry the weather's not cooperating but it sounds like you had a nice time at the beach.

Duke_of_Earle said...


Sure sounded like a complaint. But if you say not, then... OK.

Michelle said...

I know how hard it is to post pics when you are away enjoying yourself. I had the same problem when I went to Norway and the UK last year. I look forward to seeing them when you have a moment but in the meantime - you just have a jolly good relaxing time and see and do as much as you can.

kenju said...

SEE? You do have more than two readers!