Saturday, October 15, 2005

Saturday, and a round of golf!

Since both the orthopedic surgeon and the physical therapist told Carol that golf would NOT do any damage to her rotator cuff tear, we (including Ruth) played a round today.

No, we did NOT “play around.” We played a round. As in, 18 holes of golf. (That’s for all of you who love double entendres, and were already salivating as you prepared to hit the comment link and make nasty cracks about me and Ruth playing around. I could see you all out there, ready to do that! Well, one of you anyway.)

Carol actually played pretty well. She played especially well considering her sore arm (causing her to swing easier than usual) and the fact that we last played on our vacation in Georgia a month ago. (We last played golf a month ago. Whether or not we’ve “played around” since then is none of your business!)

Ruth played fairly well also.

I played like someone with TWO sore arms! Oh, I hit an occasional good shot. Trouble was, I usually hit it when I was expecting to hit a poor shot and flew the ball over the green.

Carol tried to console me with comments like, “Oh, even the pros hit bad shots.” I didn’t say anything, but I was thinking, “Yeah, every once in a while. Maybe 4-5 times in a round. More than that and they wouldn’t be pros for very long.”

Well, those few good shots already have me wanting to go back again tomorrow and try to duplicate them. Maybe even multiply them. At least add a few of them.

I guess that’s why golf is “flog” spelled backwards.

Well, on the bright side it was a beautiful sunshiny day, light breeze, temperature in the upper 80s. We walked the 4-5 miles it takes to traipse around a golf course, so there was fresh air and exercise involved.

Now we’ve showered and are ready for a nice relaxing evening at home. Might watch a Netflix movie after dinner.

(MIGHT even play around! But that's none of your business either.)

7 comments:

Karyn Lyndon said...

Wonder which ONE?

Duke_of_Earle said...

Yeah. I wonder...

Anonymous said...

Any chance one could play around while playing a round? Maybe your score would be a few shots above par, but it's a handicap I'd be willing to accept.

Duke_of_Earle said...

Any "score" while playing around is a worthy goal.

kenju said...

I can't believe you can play golf with a rotator cuff injury!


John, thanks for the comment. I too wonder how people can come up with humor like that day after day. Heck, I wonder how they come up with it at all!

the many Bs said...

Glad Carol is taking care of her injury. You should never stop having fun.

I am sorry about your dog accident. That is so tragic. I torment myself also with thoughts of Bijou's demise. I don't know what happy ending we can put on these horrible events. I think it's just something you live with.

Anonymous said...

Who played or may play around with whom, scoring or otherwise, is waaaaaaay TMI!!!

Of course I remember the possum incident! It was very interesting at the time and we had a chance to learn a bit about possums. The babies we raised were actually very calm and agreeable and were quite tame by the time we released them.