Thursday, April 06, 2006

So little time

Busy at work, projects at home.

Lame blog post today. I had good intentions, but no time to write one of my brilliant, witty posts. Not even enough to throw together one of my boring work-related ones.

It’s been a long time since I’ve written a poem for the blog, but that’s for a day when I’ve got PLENTY of time.

So, what do you get today? How about a LAST picture of the yucca, now that the bloom is history?

It was really pretty when it was starting to put out its white flowers, and quite impressive when the entire stalk was covered with them. But beauty fades, and charm is deceitful. Time’s tyranny overcomes just about everything, it seems.

Thus also a yucca bloom. Here’s the current status:


It was pretty for a week or two.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is SO COOL now that you are posting photos on a regular basis. isn't digital the best! not that your blog wasn't cool before. it has always been cool. You're a cool person. You have always been cool. and funny. Yes, witty too. Really.

Duke_of_Earle said...

Peg, really!

You forgot "good looking." Oh, and sexy!? How could you forget sexy?

If that's the best you can do, I'll just have to pay you less next time.

John

Nankin said...

Yeah, time creeps up on all of us, wheter a yucca or a person, we all succumb.

Anonymous said...

Good one, Nankin, time has really crept up on the yucca and .... oh wait, my birthday is coming up! I had better behave. John's going to send me some special amazing secret recipe chocolate chip cookies!

Oh, and John, I was going to say that I KNOW you are kidding - and handsome - and witty. But I wasn't going to say that you are old. No, I'm the one who is OLD.

Valkyrie said...

Hah! You think your post is boring!? My post yesterday didn't even illicit one comment for like the first time in a year I get inspired and either no-one's listening, or it bores the cr*p out of everyone! Gah.

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what. There's some people down the street for me that have these things growing in their front yard, which looks really strange and out of place, for sure. Plus, they don't bloom until August up here.

I'll take pictures of them for you, okay?

Anonymous said...

I've been busy too and can't come up with a good post never mind a lame one. *grin*. Trying to let those creative juices flow onto a scrapbook page but I have the end of the week lack of energy bug. All I want to do is sleep.

Have a good weekend John

Karyn Lyndon said...

Maybe that's why they call them yuccas...