Saturday, September 09, 2006

Rob… Please!

Not while I’m on vacation, driving thousands of miles.

I appreciate your visiting my blog, and especially your taking time to comment on yesterday’s post. But you’ve brought up a subject I’m determined to leave unmentioned.

Come on. You’ve GOT to realize that the last thing I need is for “something” to happen to my van or camper while I’m on this trip. Or even the laptop I’m blogging on.

When I get home safely… THEN perhaps I’ll explore that topic. But not now. And please, stop dreaming or whatever you’re doing that’s affecting this phenomenon.

Ahem… Okay, then. Today is Saturday. We spent the entire day with my mother and sister, just getting caught up on all that’s going on in my family and theirs. It was a gorgeous day in western central Virginia with temps in the upper 70s to low 80s.

Tomorrow we’ll hit the road early and drive to a state park in Georgia about an hour east of Atlanta. Hopefully we’ll get there and get set up in time to get in a late-day round of golf at the park. It’s one of our favorite courses, called “The Creek at Hard Labor.” That will begin the golfing phase of this vacation, which is now about half over.

Availability of Wi-Fi is spotty around that park area, so I may be out of touch again for a few days but I’ll post if I’m able.

Meanwhile… Rob, please try to keep things under control.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duke,

its okay, by pointing out my abnormal dosage I was hoping that I have taken the full brunt so there's nothing left for you.

I will not mention the unmentionable again. Oh and the Naked Break Dancing was a bet by the way that I couldn't get ranked Number 1 on Naked breakdancing in a week.

I only made number 2 so I lost :(

Emmy Ellis said...

LOL @ this post!

:o)

Anonymous said...

As kids, my parents always took us on holidays which meant hours of driving. We loved it. We loved seeing new places (or old), seeing how people live, meeting new people and watching the changing scenery. I envy you for being able to do that still. We have to be extremely selective as to where we go these days. Continue to have a good time.

Nankin said...

Sounds like a great place to visit. I know absolutely nothing will happen to your lap top or van. Come home safe.