Tuesday, September 19, 2006

We're home. We're exhausted.

Monday morning at 7:00 we left Tampa. We had lunch in Pensacola, and then stopped for dinner and a motel room in Lake Charles, LA at about 9:15.

This morning we slept late and left Lake Charles at 8:30 a.m. (I know -- for some of you that doesn't qualify as sleeping late, but for me it does. By contrast, if I'm awake past 10:00 p.m. I've stayed up late.)

We pulled into our driveway in the early afternoon, unloaded, unpacked, lunched, mowed the lawn (me), went to the grocery store (Carol), paid some almost overdue bills (me), fixed dinner (Carol), ate while listening to one of the audio books we'd taken along on the trip and started but not finished.

Carol is working on the trip photos, and I'm catching up on some emails and writing this short post. MAYBE in the next day or two I'll start visiting your blogs again and leaving a comment or two.

Meanwhile there's that little thing called my job that keeps calling to me that it'll take me a month to get caught up after a 3 week absence.

Ain't life great!?!

4 comments:

Badabing said...

Welcome back Duke. If I had done all that driving I'd need a three week vacation to recover from my vacation :-)

Candace said...

Glad you're back after a wonderful trip. Looking forward to hearing more about it AND of course, seeing Carol's pics!

kenju said...

Welcome back - we'll cut you some slack with visits and posts. But come back soon.

Unknown said...

Glad you're back safe & sound! Love the pictures - Chicago has always been my favourite city.