1. After a long night of cold rain, today the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and the 70 degree temp is perfect for golf. Trouble is, the course is pure muck. Maybe by tomorrow there will be enough dry spots to get out and try to hit the ball.
2. The cedar pollen levels are much lower, and I've got some vim and vigor back. Consequently I took some time today to prep the van for our winter trip in a week. The temps in the mountains routinely reach 10-20 below zero at night, and our Texas van is not usually ready for anything like that. So today I put in lighter weight engine oil, beefed up the antifreeze, and replaced the windshield washer water with a non-freezing solution.
3. We began dragging out of various storage areas all the "stuff" we don't use the rest of the year but always take on the ski trip. This we "stage" in the middle of the den. Next week we will empty the van (including all golf stuff), clean it out and vacuum it, and start loading tire chains and other items that never see the light of day all year except for this trip.
4. Thanks to all who commented and emailed "get well" wishes. They seem to have worked!
5. At the urging of RobotJam I upgraded Carol's computer desk to a high-res version. Don't have a picture to share yet, though.
5. Finally, a Canadian reader sent me a link to a 24-hour web cam located in South Africa, aimed at a water hole in the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve. I put the link in the sidebar right under the "I Power Blogger" button. Check it out some time; it's pretty cool.