Sunday, July 29, 2007

No rain for 24 hours

But then we had a little shower this morning, and there's more rain around right now.

In fact, as I typed that last sentence we began to hear thunder rumbling in the distance.

Oh well. We didn't really want to try to play golf today on a soggy, muddy golf course, did we?

(We actually . . . kind of . . . thought that . . . maybe . . . we did. Not now, though.) Alternatively I thought I might get out this afternoon and try to mow the 8-inch-tall grass (and weeds) in the dryer spots. But since the thunder is getting louder there soon won't BE any dryer spots, sounds like.

Looks like another indoors afternoon.

SIGH.

4 comments:

kenju said...

Well, wave it on up here again, John. We do very much appreciate it!

Badabing said...

Thanks John...it worked. We finally have some rain. Not much, but I'm not complaining.

Duke_of_Earle said...

I'm working hard on sending it your way. Or ANY way that's away from here!

(Yes, I know. In a month I'll probably be wishing for rain here, right? Guess I'm just never satisfied.)

Anonymous said...

You are really getting dumped on with the rain. It's too bad we can get it up to my dad who is in the forest fire zone.