Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tell?

All good writers are urged to, "Show, don't tell."

But the commenters to my last, brief post wanted me to tell.

To them I say, use your imagination. Hey, go wild! You may be off the mark, or right on. I think I'll respect (daughter) Christina's wishes and let you just imagine what's going on in our camper when the door is locked and it's rocking back and forth.

Maybe Carol is vacuuming. Maybe we're dancing. Maybe...

Regardless, the golf has been grand (does that mean my score went over the 1,000 mark? I'll never tell!), the time away from home has been fun, and as for the rest, well...

Use your imagination!

Tomorrow we drive home (LONG day, made shorter by listening to a recorded book as we drive), and then I go back to work. I'm starting to REALLY look forward to retirement. But... (SIGH) Not for a few more years.

Have a happy Independence Day, all you Americans. As for you furriners, have a great Wednesday.

More to come...

5 comments:

Christina said...

Eeeewwwwwwwww!

Christina said...

you know what i mean

Peter said...

Hi John, children just don't understand do they?... Happy 4th.

kenju said...

Ha! YOur don't fool me.

Carol is dancing with the vacuum cleaner, right? You don't dance, do you?

Anonymous said...

You are quite the mystery man...most intriging.