Saturday, July 07, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays

Well, it's not Monday, so . . .

(All these were taken at around 3:00 pm on Saturday, 7/7/07.)

My back yard.

Same basic shot, but focused on the lake rather than the rain falling from the patio roof.

Speaking of rain falling from the patio roof . . .

Our front street, taken from inside the garage.

Our front yard and street.

And finally, our front walk.

Oh, and for what it's worth, when I went outside before the rains hit I was swarmed by mosquitos.

I think we'll forego golf and all other outdoor activities for a while. Possibly a LONG while.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. We haven't had rain since April. We almost never have rain between April and October because this is an (irrigated) desert area. But rain would feel so good right now. We always want the weather we don't have, I guess.

Peter said...

Could sure do with that rain here John, the water hazards at the golf course would be a deterrent.

Unknown said...

WooHoo!! Pool party at John's house!!!

Anonymous said...

Save a little money on watering the lawn.

Candace said...

I'm sick of the rain already, but last year at this time we were worried about fires because of the drought...
Great pics.

Zinnia said...

I'm glad you're home safe and sound.

We had an unbelievably hard rain a couple nights ago. I haven't seen it rain that hard in a long, long time.

Btw, I wanted to say thanks for stopping in at the chat. You showing up like that gave me my first genuine smile of the day.

Anonymous said...

Well at least you don't have to water the yard or mow the lawn. But it's not that funny, it's like Seattle! Oh sorry, it is very serious. I hope you can dry out someday. We're cooking in a heat wave up here. I'm afraid we may have traded weather.

kenju said...

PLEASE direct it up here. We are 5" below normal for the year, and nothing in sight!

Badabing said...

We can use some up here as well. Except for a brief downpour on July 4 I can't remember the last time we had any rain.

Anonymous said...

Texas is drowning. Here in Boston we had a big storm last night, but no flooding like y'all.