Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cock Fight! Cock Fight!

This you've GOT to see!

It's "Animal Planet" in my own back yard. It's got action! It's got suspense! It's got sex! (Well, not actually any sex, but a female was the cause of all of this, you can bet on that!)

I just wish we had this on video, but you'll have to put up with a series of still shots. But the commentary is good!

Carol took these pictures and described the action to me later. They are presented here in (I swear!) the same order they were taken.

I put the action on a separate web page because the pictures are just too small on Blogger.

Click HERE to see, then hit your browser's "Back" button to return. Enjoy!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was pretty cool.

kenju said...

You just never know what you will find on a blog....LOL. I sure never saw anything like that before.

Karyn Lyndon said...

That was absolutely adorable! Even my ADHD husband was entertained by it. (Featherweight...lol)

Anonymous said...

that was pretty darn exciting. I'm glad to hear that no birds were actually harmed in the photo-taking of that event. we used to have bird scuffles in the schnoodlepooh house also, until the trouble maker birds went away. Now all is peaceful. I think that bird fights are actually pretty scary. Those were really good photos, by the way. I'm so glad that you've finally gone digital.

FXXXXX MXXXXX said...

Lol.

Anonymous said...

Blimey Duke you are the Don King of the bird fighting world. Excellent promotion.
I was gripped.

There's also a definite opportunity to set up the rematch and cash in with some merchandising.

Anonymous said...

"Excellent photography and narration. Hugely entertaining" - Wind Goddess, The Cape Tribune.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, those photos are fantastic.

Is it okay if I post a link to a yahoo loop I'm on? (It's a list for people who like crows. Don't ask, lol)

Candace said...

That was great!
Oh, and are you sure Mr. B was talking trash? (Our birds use fowl language.)

Anonymous said...

You know, I've just looked at these photos again.

Are we certain they are two males?

Mary Lou said...

Aren't those Grackles? this was well worth the trip from capetown to see. Now I am heading up north where I belong...