Saturday, June 03, 2006

To answer a few questions...

...about the pictures Carol has been taking.

1. Yes, they were all taken with our new (6-month old) Olympus E-500 digital camera. It’s a SLR outfit with more options and settings than I have gotten comfortable with. But (as you have seen) Carol is the one who uses it most. Even SHE forgets sometimes to switch from spot metering to area metering, or from shutter priority to aperture priority. (We don’t show you the BAD pictures!)

2. The easiest way to get those startling close-ups and macros is to have an 8 megapixel camera, and then use Photoshop to display the shot at full size and crop out everything but the part you want to show. Essentially the high resolution allows you to zoom in, digitally. Still, you’ve got to be in perfect focus to have those zoomed-in shots look that clear.

3. “Is there anything Carol is NOT good at?” Not that I’ve found yet, but we’ve only been married 38 years. (I usually don’t tell how long we’ve been married. When asked, my standard answer is, “Not long enough!”)

(I get points for that.)

3 comments:

Hale McKay said...

Well put, John: "Not long enough.'
In addition to poits, it's a matter of self-preservation.

Monica said...

LOL, I can understand to an extent. My best friend and I have been friends for 30 years. She doesn't like me saying that because she thinks it tells our ages...so I say all our lives. (We met when we were 12).

I think it's great you two have been married 38 years. And that she still has you on a point system. LOL.

Anonymous said...

You and Carol are blessed to have each other and it is wonderful that you are thriving in a beautiful marriage for so long.

The photographs of the flowers are fabulous - Carol has a remarkable eye for detail.