Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I got this email...

(Please go read it, and vote or comment if you like!)


It’s official!

The first chapter of your submission to the First Chapters Writing Competition on Gather.com is now live. The link below is the unique URL to your first chapter which has been posted for Round 1 consideration. You can send this link to your friends, family, and colleagues so that they can read, rate, and comment on your work!


Your Round 1 Unique URL: http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976899016

During Round 1, the first chapter of your submission (link provided above) will remain live on the site at Firstchapters.gather.com for fourteen (14) days from the date it was published. At the end of that voting period we will remove the chapter from Gather and tally the votes. To complete your competition eligibility, please double-check to ensure that you are a member of First Chapters Writing Competition Group. If you are not a member, click here to join

If you would like to invite your friends, family and colleagues to read and rate your submission they must:

1. Join Gather.com so they can vote on your chapter. Make sure to send them a join link.
2. Click on your chapter’s unique link (send out the link provided above) where they can read and then rate your first chapter.

Note on voting: To ensure the integrity of contests on Gather we have developed fraud detection systems to monitor rating/voting patterns as well as member account validity. We run the processes periodically throughout the contest and again at the end of the contest, across all entries. If we determine that certain ratings or actions are intended to compromise the outcome of the contest we will take appropriate actions which can include disqualifying the ratings, entrants and submissions. Therefore, rating averages can change throughout the contest period. Entrants are eligible to vote in the Competition but are expected to do so fairly and in the spirit of the competition.

That's it. Got some neat comments, and some who hated it. That's OK. I'm glad a few are reading it (at least the first chapter!)

4 comments:

Christina said...

I read it, rated it, and left a comment!

kenju said...

It's almost 1:00 am, so I will have to come back tomorrow when i am not so sleepy. I will!

Zinnia said...

So happy for you, John!!! I'll take a looksee...

Anonymous said...

I like what I have read so far. Only problem I have is that I have to register in order to vote. As my computer is new, I am reluctant to register on sites I am not familiar with. But I sooooo want to vote for you.

Two more sleeps and then you will be heading for the snow - how I envy you.