Friday, May 22, 2009

Priorities

One of these days, I swear, I’m going to take the time to clean up my blog roll in the right-hand sidebar below.

Really!

I mean, probably half the blogs listed are either no longer active, or have changed names, or the blog authors have abandoned blogging in favor of Tweeting on Twitter, or socializing on Facebook. So I need to clean house.

But some of those links will still take you to active blogs whose authors are witty, entertaining, and exceptional writers. Some have obvious themes they follow, like Jan over at The Poodle (and Dog) Blog, while others post on diverse subjects from humor to politics to life in general.

Some make me think (a monumental task, according to Carol), like Kirsten over at Writer’s Catch-All. Several make me laugh. One keeps me in touch with a distant family member, daughter Christina over at Another Day In Paradise.

Anyway, Jan of Poodle (and Dog) fame recently emailed me regarding an awful comment (an attempt to be funny with puns — seldom a good idea) I’d made on one of her posts. She wrote, “When are you going to get your priorities straightened out and start blogging?”

She’s right. It’s all a matter of priorities. I HAVE the time, I just fail to TAKE the time.

So, Jan, I’ll get right on that!

Heck, I MIGHT even clean up my blog roll while I’m at it.

If I ever find have TAKE the time.

3 comments:

kenju said...

Janis right to ask you that. You sued to be so good about it. I cleaned up my blogroll so well that it disappeared!!

Christina said...

Yeah, I have 2 blogs in my blogroll of people that are deceased, and at least one that has been discontinued. oh well.

Karyn Lyndon said...

PLEEEEEEZE don't delete me!!! I'll be better, I promise!