Thursday, May 12, 2005

On the Road again.

As much as I’d like to keep the prurient interest going, I’m leaving the subject of sex today.

It’s difficult to think sexy thoughts when you’re in a classroom all day learning exciting things about your new payroll system from ADP.

Who’s ADP? Only the world’s largest provider of outsourced payroll services, that’s who. So today and tomorrow I’m in Houston learning all about earnings codes and deductions, tax tables and rates, grids and folders within the online entry system, and similarly stimulating subjects (more good alliteration. Also difficult to say three times quickly).

If you haven’t already done so, you need to take a look at Brenda Bradshaw’s blog. She left a comment on my post of yesterday telling me NOT to go to it, so of course I did right away. Her current post would be rated R by the MPAA and is not for those lacking discretion or parental guidance. Interesting nonetheless.

Just so you’ll know, I may not have much opportunity to get online and post my usual witty, exciting, emotional, sexy, adventurous prose for the next few days. I’ll try, but no promises. Gotta go from Houston to the Austin area tomorrow for a graduation ceremony and party on Saturday. (It’s my younger son-in-law, Elizabeth’s husband, getting his BS in computer science. With honors, I might add. We’re all very proud!)

I doubt I’ll get a chance to post anything until Sunday, but please check back from time to time to see.

Each time you do my hit counter goes up by one and Karyn gets more jealous. And that’s fun, because she makes comments that are fun for me to respond to.

Back soon!

9 comments:

VikiBabbles said...

First of all, I had pretty much decided to stop reading when you told me there'd be no sex today, but then my eyes caught the phrase similarly stimulating subjects, and I decided to read. You tricked me.

Karyn Lyndon said...

That Brenda...she's just trying to capitalize on your readership with reverse psychology!!! What a hussy! Just remember...she was the origin of the turd tag...I was only a pawn, I tell you.

Oh, and while Mr. Earle is out of town feel free to stop by MY blog where there will be PLENTY of updates ALL weekend long. I thought I would set up a forum on the pros and cons of faking an orgasm and the top ten things a man can do to make sure it doesn't happen.

And John...if you start to sweat, shake and have an uncontrollable urge to click something, that's just blog withdrawal. Unfortunately, the only cure is to take someone's computer hostage and log on as quickly as possible.

Until then, we'll miss you.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing at Karyn's comment. Yes, we will miss you. Yes, you WILL get blogger withdrawal and yes, this is quite normal.

Don't tell Karyn though, I will keep on hitting your page over the weekend *beeg grin*

Karyn Lyndon said...

See Michelle, I can be funny... Click me! Click me!

Brenda said...

HEY! I did NOT start the turd stuff! I was tagged, just like Karyn who then did Earle. Look at Karyn, passin' the buck like that. Hmmph.

And what? Ya'll don't like my orgasm post?! Or my passion one?! So we can fake it, not our fault! Btw, Karyn, let me know when you post your pros and cons of faking it and what men can do about it. I may even be able to help ya out!! (evil grin)

Have fun, Mr. Earle! You're coming closer to my area. Dangerous man, living on the wild side like that.

Anonymous said...

Elisson of Blog d'Elisson was the culprit who started turd in the punchbowl. He visited my blog as he is following the meme around to see where it goes and how far it goes.

http://elisson1.blogspot.com/

So Brenda is off the hook. Oh and Karyn ..... I'm hitting your blog girl, I'm hitting your blog! (John is going to be so sorry he had to go to a boring conference over a weekend and miss all the blogging action).

Karyn Lyndon said...

Thanks Michelle for Mr. Turd Tag's address...I think I can have some fun with that! And for all the hits! I don't have time right now but later today (due to an overwhelming response) I will write my DOs and DON'Ts of faking it...even though I was originally joking (and my husband sometimes READS my blog.)

Anonymous said...

If you are not suffering from bloggers withdrawal, let me tell you I am suffering for you. Now get back and blog!

Anonymous said...

You better post something soon - your fans are getting restless!