Saturday, May 21, 2005

Sticker Shock!

See post below, "The Conspiracy Continues."

Boy, did I blow it! The last time we had the "rooter" service out here the cost was about $70. So of course I ASSUMED that's what the price would be today.

OH, NO!

That last time was simply to unplug the drain plumbing INSIDE the house. The plumber entered his "snake" at the kitchen sink drain and succesfully cleared a grease blockage. Price: $70.00.

But to clear a ROOT (or other) blockage OUTSIDE the house was slightly higher.

How much higher?

The total was $186.76!!

OUCH!

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, YOU DARNED REFRIGERATOR??!

(Don't tell the fridge, but I got a $5 discount. Big deal, right? Well, at this point I'll take my successes where I can!)


2 comments:

Karyn Lyndon said...

Maybe I'm wrong, but if your refrigerator is so old that's it's actually taken root...it's time for a new Fidgidaire.

BTW...is it hot down there? It's 98 in Dallas.

Duke_of_Earle said...

Let me think... How hot is hell, exactly?

Victoria's high was 95, so you guys are hotter. Tomorrow's forecast is that Victoria will get to 97 or 98. We'll see.

Carol and I played golf today. Sweat city!