Sunday, November 06, 2005

An excuse

Carol’s mom had hip-replacement surgery this past Wednesday.

And that’s good, because after recovery and rehab she should be a whole lot more mobile than before. So, for example, next time a category 5 hurricane a la Rita threatens this area, grandma will be ready and willing to evacuate with the rest of us.

So why did I title this post “an excuse?”

Well, grandma is doing great after surgery, but Carol and I have been spending much of our otherwise free time in the hospital with grandma as she recovers and begins rehab. That takes time from all of our other, normal, free-time activities. Like blogging (for me).

Thus recent posts, and possibly posts for the next week or so, have been (or may be) somewhat less well thought through or entertaining, or even as frequent as those to which you have become accustomed.

My excuse is Grandma. And believe me, she’s a good excuse as she expects much of Carol’s time while in the hospital.

Don’t misunderstand. We don’t begrudge her the time. She deserves it, and then some.

But if you HAD been wondering why my posts seemed less frequent or less entertaining than some in the past, that’s my excuse. If you hadn’t... Well good! It’s all the excuse I have.

Take it or leave it.

1 comment:

the many Bs said...

Awww, I understand how it is to be distracted and not able to blog to your full potential and desire. You've got to take care of family and your real life obligations and concerns FIRST. Maybe blogging comes second... or third ... or somewhere else. Anyway, it's good to check in with you and hear from you in my comments. Sorry, I've been busy and distracted a bit myself.