Monday, November 28, 2005

Sunday was better. Monday...??

I successfully recovered from my Saturday shopping horror . Sunday turned out to be a pretty day in Victoria--suitable for golf--so we did. Golf, that is.

Plus I wrote. I've been going through my novel MS one LAST time incorporating the suggestions of my wonderful critique partner Katie Bryan. It took a LOT longer than I thought it would, but I made some significant additions and changes (all for the better, of course) and now have a 80,500 word manuscript all ready to sell.

I have just emailed off that revision to Katie for her to look at in toto and possibly tweak before I put together my irresistable query letter and dynamite synopsis to hook a top agent who will fall in love with the manuscript and sell it within a few weeks.

Yeah.

Right.

Anyway, Sunday was a good day.

Today... Well, today was a double-barreled Monday if there ever was one. Mondays following a four-day weekend ought to be outlawed. Or at least reduced to a four-hour work day so we could ease back into our work routine.

But no. I (and likely many of YOU) spent over 8 hours at work today. I was slaving over a hot HR manager's desk. I had to handle such earth-changing issues as some problems with employees' uniforms and a return-to-work fit-for-duty exam. I had to answer some questions about our 401(k) plan, and reply to emails, and even approve some invoices!

Can you IMAGINE!?

But now I'm safe at home, ready to have a relaxing evening with my wonderful wife. Who, by the way, spent the afternoon working on the ski sweater she's knitting for our grandson Trevor. And it is C-U-T-E!!

Once it's finished you'll all be treated to a digital picture of it.

If, that is, Carol and I ever find time to read the manual for our new digital camera so we can take pictures with it.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Hale McKay said...

Ah, the wonders of modern technology and wonderful gadgets that we need - if only we could figure out how to use them so we can figure out why we need them.

Duke_of_Earle said...

Hale,

Amen, brother! I figure that's what our kids are for, to help us figure out how to use the stuff. As for WHY we need it... Well, because it's THERE, of course. Duh!

Nankin said...

Hey, when I have a problem, I call my son, JC, to come over and show me how to. I can't imagine what I'd do if he ever moved away.