Sunday, February 11, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggedy-jig

Yes, we're back home.

It was a wonderful trip, overall, despite one broken rib (not me -- one of my sons-in-law), a stomach virus (not me -- my grandson and his parent; see Christina's blog for the story when she gets around to posting it), and various bruises (not me -- other party members).

I will admit to suffering some aches and sore muscles, but that's about it. All five days of skiing were warm (high in the low 30s) but there was plenty of packed powder base to ski on, and we did get about 2 inches of new powder on Thursday.

I have much to tell, but not today. Why? Because it's late, and we drove for two days to get home and then unpacked the car and just started the process of getting things all put away and going through the mail, and so on. Not to mention finding time to read up on all of YOUR posts for the past week!

So, suffice to say the trip, though not without a down-side, was deemed an overall success by just about everyone.

Oh, and Kenju? I DID order the lobster ravioli at Macaroni Grill as you suggested. Divine!

4 comments:

Hale McKay said...

Welcome home, John. Glad to see you returned relatively unscathed.

I'm on vacation now, but it'll be an uneventful one as it just an R&R break from work in hopes of avoiding a forecasted Nor'Easter due mid-week. (We've only had 1.8" of snow in the Boston area so far for the entire winter. Very unusual, but I suspect Old Man Winter and Mother Nature have teamed up to fix that climatic faux pas.)

Candace said...

"I have much to tell, but not today. Why? Because it's late, and we drove for two days to get home and then unpacked the car and just started the process of getting things all put away and going through the mail, and so on. Not to mention finding time to read up on all of YOUR posts for the past week!"

Blogging: not for wimps.

Welcome home. :)

Duke_of_Earle said...

Thanks, Mike.

Thanks also, Candace. I confess to wimp-itis. Maybe I'm not cut out to be a real blogger. Hey! There's an idea! How about a series of "facts" about Real Bloggers, like the "Real Men don't eat quiche," etc., lines that were all the rage about a decade ago? I'll start:

"Real Bloggers don't care if it's midnight after a long, hard day and that the alarm will go off in a few hours; they still take time to post."

Whaddaya think?

Anonymous said...

Great idea, John! Okay...

"Real Bloggers switch on their PCs first thing in the morning on their way to the bathroom."

(Not that anyone I know does that.) Ahem.