Sunday, August 20, 2006

Since you asked...

Well, some of you did.

After Carol’s stellar round of golf yesterday, I had predicted that she would shoot 20 strokes higher today.

I was wrong.

(Can you imagine that?? Oh, of COURSE you can imagine me being wrong. I’m wrong a LOT. But can you imagine me admitting it so readily? That is SO hard for us men to do. But she has me well trained.)

Her short game was not nearly as good as yesterday. She only made ONE birdie today. (And no, Michelle, she didn’t shoot ANY! She didn’t even take the camera today.)

Okay. To end the suspense, she shot an 84. STILL a heck of a lot lower than what I shot. Or Ruth. Or Donnie. But she was disappointed. She probably won’t be trying out for the LPGA any time soon.

At least, not until after our vacation in September. Then we’ll have to see what kind of scores she shoots.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Carol!!!

:-)

And thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm improving slowly but surely, keeping holes in the single digits now (knock on wood) and have managed to par a couple times. Any round now, I expect some things to fall into place & send me rocketing up toward . . . the next plateau :-)

Hale McKay said...

I guess some guy has to break the mold and admit he's wrong, John. I guess that makes you a trend setter?

Anonymous said...

It's great that you and Carol can still enjoy golf together even though she beats you at it. It takes a special guy to let his wife win all the time. :-)

Anonymous said...

Carol come closer to the monitor, I have to whisper this to you ....
you must practice on the QT when no one else is around and then you will get really, really good - just like your photography. Now go shoot some more birdies, but leave the eagles alone. And if you are feeling a bit under par, remember that is a good thing.

Zinnia said...

Only golf I play is put-put! LOL!

Monica said...

Go, Carol!!!

She's doing really good isn't she? See I really have picked up someof the golf lingo I was taught...some of it anyways :)